Well, it’s finally happened. Hello Games released their trailer for “NEXT” their “Massive new update” (according to the new Xbox game cover).
Before you go – ahhh meh – No Man’s Lie, etc, have a look at this trailer (which appears to be actual server gameplay):
Some of the changes they have announced follow. Be sure, this is not the No Man’s Sky people have been playing for 2 years. It bears resemblance, yes, but it is not the game. This is the game that they promised. It is a whole different, a whole new game (with stuff they didn’t even envisage before the original release too – player driven content etc).
I think it will be cool, will I like it as much as I like the original? I don’t know, it’s a new game. The scale and possibilities are endless, so it will be certainly interesting to see where it goes.
New Multiplayer Mode:
- Team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or join with random travelers online
- Help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive
- Build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online
Extensive Visual Overhaul:
- Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
- Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
- Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
- Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building:
- Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
- Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
- Architect and own multiple bases
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
- Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
- Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge
– Geoff Gummer